Submit your resume
Postion: "Concrete" Superintendent
Description:Position: "Concrete" Superintendent
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Linthicum, Maryland
Hours: Full-time (Monday - Friday) w/overtime
PTG Enterprises is a pavement contracting firm founded in 2001 and based in Linthicum, Maryland. We specialize in commercial pavement projects throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia: building, maintaining and/or rebuilding anything made with asphalt, concrete, brick, block or stone. Our clients include commercial and retail centers, multifamily housing developments and HOAs, office and business parks, and industrial parks and facilities; we also consult with other general contractors, architects and engineers. Website: www.mypavementguy.com.
The Concrete Superintendent oversees concrete (and masonry projects if needed) from creation to completion, including (but not limited to): attending hand-off meetings; collecting submittals; finding and obtaining needed materials or supplies; setting up and scheduling projects; facilitating internal and external correspondence; and supervising work. This is a year-round, full-time position (with regular overtime) that entails professional daily interaction with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Schedule, attend and/or run pre-construction meetings with clients. Prepare site take-off meetings.
- Work with clients to develop logistics plans for projects. Brief clients about progress of projects.
- Process work orders, and attach pictures, drawings, field notes, directions, etc. Track all change orders and promptly process paperwork. Process invoice data sheets within timely matter.
- Submit concrete orders and work with materials supply companies to schedule on-time deliveries to job sites.
- Schedule all subcontractors and coordinate with private utility locators (e.g., Miss Utility and Spot-a-Pot).
- Meet with subcontractors at start of each project to "walk" the job. Oversee subcontractors' performances during projects via site visits. Must be onsite the first hour, of the first day, of any new project or phase.
- Remain available by phone and attend progress meetings during entire length of each project.
- Set up barricades and traffic controls as needed.
- Take pictures and video of ongoing projects and upload to server.
- Manage subcontractors; work hand-in-hand with subcontractors while providing training as needed.
- Serve as "problem solver" (quickly resolve issues that arise) and single point of contact throughout projects.
- Ensure project sites stay clean, organized and free of debris.
- Perform post-construction inspections; if applicable, remove and return all barricades to shop.
- Run daily safety meetings and ensure all personnel wear PPE and operate in a safe manner.
- Be familiar with project plans and specifications (ability to read and decipher drawings is required).
- Work with demolition equipment such as cut saws, hammer drills, jack hammers and bobcat breakers.
- Use excavation equipment, including mini-excavators and/or backhoes.
- Layout curb-line, footers, staircases, etc. per project specifications.
- Set concrete forms to proper pitch, depth and alignment; check forms to ensure proper construction.
- Prepare and fine-grade base material and/or subgrade.
- Tie steel and rebar, and set embeds as required (anchor bolts, steel plates, dowels, etc.).
- Place concrete using all ACI code requirements.
- Spread, level and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, screed and float.
- Use concrete vibratory machine to fill voids and air pockets.
- Finish concrete to various specifications (light/medium broom, sack, smooth, etc.).
- Cut and install expansion joints as necessary; and apply curing compounds and/or sealants as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in construction (concrete, masonry, or asphalt) or maintenance industry.
- AA/BA degree preferred; will substitute work experience in lieu of college degree.
- Ability to read and decipher drawings, and mix design experience required.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable and professional team player.
- Superior organization and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Typical work hours 7 AM - 4 PM; must be flexible, some nights and weekends are required.
- Clean driving record and criminal history (background check required).
- Non-smoker (PTG is a smoke-free company).
- $18 - $22 per hour initial starting salary. Predicted first year wages: $50 - $60K.
- Paid holidays, vacation and training.
- 401(k) retirement with 3% company match.
- Company-paid life insurance, STDI and LTDI.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Company-wide bonus programs.
- No health insurance benefits available at this time.