Submit your resume
Postion: "Field" Project Manager
Description:Position: "Field" Project Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Linthicum, Maryland
Hours: Full-time (Monday thru Friday) w/overtime
PTG Enterprises is a pavement contracting firm founded in 2001 and based in Linthicum, Maryland. We specialize in commercial pavement projects throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia: building, maintaining and/or rebuilding anything made with asphalt, concrete, brick, block or stone. Our clients include commercial and retail centers, multifamily housing developments and HOAs, office and business parks, and industrial parks and facilities; we also consult with other general contractors, architects and engineers. Website: www.mypavementguy.com.
The Field Project Manager oversees projects from creation to completion, including (but not limited to): reviewing proposals; setting up and scheduling projects; facilitating internal and external correspondence; supervising worksite subcontractors; and communicating with clients. This position entails professional daily interaction with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Schedule, attend and/or run pre-construction and progress meetings with clients.
- Work with clients to develop logistics plans for projects.
- Process work orders, and attach pictures, drawings, field notes, directions, etc. Track all change orders and promptly process paperwork. Process invoice data sheets within timely matter.
- Work with materials supply companies to schedule on-time deliveries to job sites.
- Schedule all subcontractors and coordinate with private utility locators (e.g., Miss Utility and Spot-a-Pot).
- Mark-out sites prior to projects. Prepare site take-off meetings.
- Meet with subcontractors at start of each project to "walk" the job. Oversee subcontractors' performances during projects via site visits. Must be onsite the first hour, of the first day, of any new project or phase.
- Remain available by phone during entire length of each project.
- Set up barricades and traffic controls, and track inventory (how many used, left, returned and stolen).
- Take pictures and video of ongoing projects and upload to server.
- Serve as "problem solver" (quickly resolve issues that arise) and single point of contact throughout projects.
- Ensure project sites stay clean, organized and free of debris. Perform post-construction inspections; create punch lists needed to close out projects.
- Review accuracy of project costs (recordkeeping); diplomatically deter scope-creep with clients.
- Supervise others; provide training, coaching and performance evaluations.
- Work as onsite safety officer and conduct tailgate safety meetings.
- Attend training classes, trade shows, conventions and networking events as needed.
- Maintain warehouse and all PTG equipment in clean, organized order.
- Perform inventory of all equipment and supplies; complete and submit orders as needed (within budget).
- Visit suppliers or rental companies and pick up supplies and equipment.
- Develop project worksheets to record particulars (e.g., depth of asphalt, condition of sub-grade, etc.).
- Estimate costs including materials, supplies, manpower, etc. Assist Sales and Marketing department with finalizing proposals.
- Meet with potential clients; attend pre-bid sales meetings. Perform ongoing client outreach: follow-ups to secure proposals, updates during projects, etc.
- Post project pictures to company social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Read and review site work and/or civil engineering plans.
- Perform field work, such as: striping; signage; wheel stops; saw-cutting; caulking; patching; repairs (concrete, masonry and asphalt); core drilling; new concrete; and minor landscaping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing projects in construction (asphalt, concrete or masonry) or maintenance industry.
- AA/BA degree preferred; will substitute work experience in lieu of college degree.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Supervision experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work, multitask and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Dependable and professional team player.
- Superior organization and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Typical work hours 7AM - 4PM; must be flexible, some nights and weekends are required.
- Clean driving record and criminal history (background check required).
- Non-smoker (PTG is a smoke-free company).
- $16 - $19 per hour initial starting salary (with overtime). Predicted first year wages: $40 - $50K.
- Paid holidays, vacation and training.
- 401(k) retirement with 3% company match.
- Company-paid life insurance, STDI and LTDI.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Company-wide bonus programs.
- No health insurance benefits available at this time.